MassDOT Registry of Motor Vehicles will conduct an information session on issues facing senior drivers entitled “Shifting Gears” on Thursday, February 14, 10am- 12pm, Watertown Mall RMV Branch.
The session will be held in the Mall just outside the branch office. MassDOT RMV's Michele Ellicks will provide information about senior driver issues, including:
- Recent research concerning mature drivers
- Alternative forms of transportation and local community resources
- Commonwealth’s rules of the road
- Recent changes at the RMV
- Warning signs of unsafe driving
- Requirements to apply for a handicap placard or plate and Massachusetts identification card
Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation representatives will discuss Lemon Laws, identity theft, and provide information and examples of scam websites that target the RMV and its customers.